Cycling Skills at Forge Valley
What: Cycling Skills sessions for Road Bikes on a 1km closed circuit
When: Wednesday 23rd May 2018 at 7pm-8pm, then every 2 weeks until 1 August 2018
Where: Forge Valley School
Cycling Skills specific sessions working on:
- Basic Bike check – bike M-Check
- Group riding – Position, Hand signals, etiquette etc
- Cornering – leaning, counter steering, steering
- Pedalling technique – cadence one leg drills
- Gear selection
- Drinking while riding – picking things up while riding, taking a bottle and replacing it etc.
- Transitions – Mount and dismount
Please bring your road bike (not a TT bike) and a helmet. We will be working on group cycling so British Triathlon require traditional drop bars (rather than extended aerobars) for use in group riding situations.
Please also bring a pair of trainers (if possible) in case the session involves transition skills.