Cross Country League 2019
The club enters the ‘Up and Running’ SYCAA (South Yorkshire County Athletics Association) Cross Country League each year.
There are races for
1. Boys U/11 1500m
2. Girls U/11 1500m
3. Girls U/13 3000m
4. Girls U/15 3000m
5. Boys U/13 3500m
6. Boys U/15 4000m
7. Ladies U/17 4000m
8. U/20 Senior & Veteran Ladies 6000m
9. Veteran Men 65+ 6000m
Races 7, 8 & 9 are run together
10. U/17 Men 6000m
11. U/20, Senior & Veteran Men (U/65) 10,000m (Race 1 is 8000m)
Races 10 & 11 are run together
The series dates have been announced for 2019:
Sunday 13 October 2019 – Norfolk Park, Sheffield
Sunday 27 October 2019 – Campsall Doncaster
Sunday 17 November 2019 – Kiveton Community Woodland
Sunday 08 December 2019 – Penistone Showground
(Races are in reverse order)
2018 results from the last season fixture can be found below:
Overall (doesn’t seem to be available I’m afraid!)
The 2017 results were available at:
2016 results can be found here
Congratulations to everyone who took part – we had another great series in the mud!
To run for the club you must be:
- A member of the club!
- Be registered with England Athletics as 1st claim for cross country (not for U/15s)
- Wearing a club vest or shirt.
Ages apply for the whole season and for most age groups are calculated at 31 August. This is slightly different to UK Athletics rule 507, because there is an Under 11 age group. There is a different rule for Veterans (see below).
Under 11 Competitors must be 8 by the day of the race. School Y5 & Y6 and some Y4
Under 13 11 and 12 years old. School Y7 & Y8
Under 15 13 and 14 years old. School Y9 & Y10
Under 17 15 and 16 years old. School Y11 & Y12
Juniors 17, 18 & 19 years old
Seniors 20 and over
Veterans Over 40, 50, 60 & 65 for Men / Over 35, 45, 55 & 65 for Women on the day of competition (date of first race for individual awards).
Young athletes who are potential club members may compete for a club in all Under 15 age groups.
Athletes must be registered with England Athletics and must be first or second claim members of South Yorkshire Clubs affiliated to England Athletics to be eligible for individual or team awards in League or Championship events. This is the sole qualification for any award.
- Juniors (U11 – U17) – check you know your age group. Ages are taken from 31 August. For example, if you were still 14 on that day, you will be U15 for all four fixtures, even if your 15th birthday is 1 September.
- You must be aged at least 8 on the day of the first fixture in order to compete.
- Vets – your age is as on the day of the first league fixture.
- Your number is your number for the whole season. Hang on to it. You can’t give/sell it to someone else.
- Register in exactly the name which is on your EA/UKA competition licence. This is important for verification purposes.