Following on from the success of the ‘Get Your Kit On’ events during 2017 and 2018, we are pleased to announce these are returning for 2019.
What is it?
Generally a locally run event which we encourage as many members to turn out in Sheffield Triathlon Club colours as possible.
What if I haven’t got any Sheffield Triathlon Club kit?
Check out our Club Kit page here and get yours ordered for later in the year. In the meantime, anything red, white and/or blue would be perfect.
What did you do during 2018?
Plenty. Sheffield Castle Parkrun, Longshaw 10km, Cuckney 10 Mile TT and Matlock Open Water Swimming to name a few. There were also cycling sportives and fell races included.
What have you got lined up for 2019
More dates will be added when these are confirmed, but for now:
- Trust10 Longshaw (10km Run) at 08:15am Sunday 27th January 2019. Check out National Trust for more details.
- Sheffield Castle Parkrun at 09:00am Saturday 2nd February 2019. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sheffieldcastle/
- SheffRec 2-Up TT (25 Mile Cycling Time Trial in pairs) on Saturday 9th March 2019. Take a look at the details and register by the 26 February 2019 on the https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/18624 website. You will need cycling partner (ideally of a similar ability) and be a member of a CTT affiliated club (which Sheffield Triathlon Club is).
- Staveley Junior Parkrun Volunteer at Sunday 10th February 2019 at 09:00am. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/staveley-juniors/
- Totley AC Tigers Trail Race at 7:00pm Wednesday 1st May 2019. http://www.totleyac.org.uk/ttrace/
What if I’m not a member of Sheffield Triathlon Club?
No problem (for the most part), please turn up and take the opportunity to learn about the club from our members. We want to encourage prospective members to get to know us first, and this is the perfect informal session to do that. These are not organised club training sessions, just simply local events which we want to encourage and maybe help you try something a bit different. In some cases, membership to Sheffield Triathlon Club is required, but this will be listed in the description on this website.