Following on from the success of the ‘Get Your Kit On’ events during 2017, we are pleased to announce these are returning for 2018.
What is it?
Generally a locally run event which we encourage as many members to turn out in Sheffield Triathlon Club colours as possible.
What if I haven’t got any Sheffield Triathlon Club kit?
Check out our Club Kit page here and get yours ordered for later in the year. In the meantime, anything red, white and/or blue would be perfect.
What did you do during 2017?
Plenty. Sheffield Castle Parkrun, Cuckney 10 Mile TT and Matlock Open Water Swimming to name a few. There were also cycling sportives and fell races included.
What have you got lined up for 2018
More dates will be added when these are confirmed, but for now:
- Sheffield Castle Parkrun (5km Run) at 09:00am Saturday 13th January 2018.
- Trust10 Longshaw (10km Run) at 08:15am Sunday 28th January 2018. Check out National Trust for more details.
- SheffRec 2-Up TT (25 Mile Cycling Time Trial in pairs) on Saturday 3rd March 2018. Take a look at the details and register by the 20 February 2018 on the Cycling Time Trials website. You will need cycling partner (ideally of a similar ability) and be a member of a CTT affiliated club (which Sheffield Triathlon Club is).
- Hillsborough Parkrun Volunteer at 08:30am Saturday 31st March 2018.
- Trunce 4 Mile Fell Race at 6:45pm on Monday 30th April 2018. Check out Trunce for more details.
- Phoenix CC 10 Mile TT at Cuckney at 7:00pm on Tuesday 8th May 2018.
- Totley AC Tigers Todger 5 Mile Fell Race at 7:00pm Wednesday 2nd May 2018. Check out Totley AC TTodger for more details.
- Open Water Matlock Swim Series on Thursday 21st June 2018.
What if I’m not a member of Sheffield Triathlon Club?
No problem (for the most part), please turn up and take the opportunity to learn about the club from our members. We want to encourage prospective members to get to know us first, and this is the perfect informal session to do that. These are not organised club training sessions, just simply local events which we want to encourage and maybe help you try something a bit different. In some cases, membership to Sheffield Triathlon Club is required, but this will be listed in the description on this website.