- This event has passed.
Forge Valley Cycling Skills & Couch to King of the Hill 2019
1st May 2019 @ 19:00 - 20:30£5
What: Cycling Skills sessions for Road Bikes on a 1km closed circuit
When: Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 7pm-8:30pm, then every 2 weeks until 10th July 2019
Where: Forge Valley School
Cost: £5 Adults and Juniors
Cycling Skills specific sessions working on:
- Group riding – Position, Hand signals, etiquette etc
- Cornering – leaning, counter steering, steering
- Pedalling technique – cadence one leg drills
- Gear selection
- Drinking while riding – picking things up while riding, taking a bottle and replacing it etc.
- Transitions – Mount and dismount
This session is open to Adult and Junior members and non members who have entered the Hathersage Hilly in 2019
Please bring your road bike (not a TT bike) and a helmet. We will be working on group cycling so British Triathlon require traditional drop bars (rather than extended aerobars) for use in group riding situations.
Please also bring a pair of trainers for the sessions involving transition skills in the later weeks.